top of page
New hampshire beautiful.jpeg


College students can vote in New Hampshire just like anyone else. 

Here are the only requirements:


  • You must be a US citizen

  • You must be 18 years or older on or before E-day

  • You must be domiciled in New Hampshire. 

(“Domicile” is just a fancy word for live - you are domiciled

where you choose to lay your head at night and where you choose to be part of the community.)


If you meet these, you can vote in New Hampshire.

Some Frequently Asked Questions (for more, check out our FAQs)

I go to college in NH but my parents live out of state. Can I vote here? 


You can vote in NH as long as you are a US citizen, will be 18 or older on or before Election day, and are domiciled in New Hampshire. The law makes it very clear: “a student of any institution of learning may lawfully claim domicile for voting purposes in the New Hampshire town or city in which he or she lives while attending such institution of learning if such student’s claim of domicile otherwise meets the requirements.” RSA 654:1, I-a, NH Attorney General Memo.

Do I need a license or a car registration to vote?


You do NOT need a driver’s license or car registration to vote.

Your license status has no effect whatsoever on your right to vote.

bottom of page